1. Veda News: A few snapshots from the wedding day

As some of you know with weddings, you have to pick your battles and spend your money wisely. You usually choose a few things to splurge on and others to pass up. For Jake and I, the photography and capturing the day in a still photo was very high on our priority list. We wanted our special day to be captured in a way that felt organic and authentic to the people we had attending. Neither of us are the best in front of a camera, so choosing the right photographer was key to everything.

I immediately chose Olivia Rae James as our photographer. I have followed her work, celebrated from afar from her career success and couldn’t have imaged a better suited asset to our wedding. Her style is very iconic in the way she captures people and events in a very “I’m not even here, don’t look at the camera” kind of way. Not to mention, she is one of the absolute sweetest souls I have ever met or gotten to work with. Gahh…she’s a keeper.

We have only seen a handful of sneak peeks from the weddings, so until we get the full collection in our hands, I thought I’d share a few of our favorite black and whites. There are MANY more to come, but I hope these will tide you over in the meantime.

<div class=”footnote”> * All black and white portraits by Olivia Rae James.  All plant/ texture photos by Veda House.</div>

1. Brittanny says:

Beautiful! I can’t wait to see more photos from your special day!

2. Sally says:

These photos are beautiful Cassie, and your dress is absolutely stunning! Congratulations! I’ve always admired Olivia Rae James’ photography – seriously gorgeous!

3. Liz says:

Absolutely beautiful!!

4. corina nika says:

your dress! your bare feet! everything looks so beautiful and magical! so happy for you and again congratulations on your new married life

5. Oh how I’ve been waiting for these! SO, so SO beautiful. Truly.

6. really lovely! congratulations! <3

7. kelly ann says:

Stunning. (YOUR DRESS! So dreamy) I’m a big fan of Olivia, and you :), and I can’t wait to see more!

8. So incredibly gorgeous — congratulations to you both! The details on that dress are so so killer. xoxo

these are so beautiful!! thanks for sharing :)

10. Aaaaand, the back of that dress … !

11. so so sweet cassie! i really can’t say it enough — i adore you two, and your wedding was hands down one of the most special days i’ve ever witnessed! thank you thank you thank you for having melissa and i there. xx