Hi lovely readers. February has flown by, the first half was dragging along and these last two weeks were gone in a blink of an eye. I’m keeping myself accountable for achieving the things I set out to achieve (5 New Year’s resolutions), so here’s my little update. Did you guys set New Year’s resolutions this year? Have you stuck to them?
1. Let it Be – Welcoming change has continued to really AWESOME. I’d say that quitting my day job to pursue my dreams has been the most welcomed change. So far my days are open to however I’d like to shape them and I’m still trying to figure out my daily balance, but man…change is good.
2. Be More Present – I’ve been really challenging myself to see this “month off” as a really huge gift and to soak it all of my personal discoveries. From talking with many creatives, I’ve got an opportunity given to me that many other creatives would love to have. I don’t take anything for granted. I’ve also been enjoying my morning chai without the distractions of checking my email. That’s been really nice.
3. Be Adventurous – I’m still kind of slacking in the adventuring aspect of my goals and I’m blaming it on the gloomy cold weather. If you consider getting your car stuck in the snow an adventure…then I’ve done that.
4. Follow My Heart & Feed My Soul – I’ve completely handed my future over to the decisions of my heart and letting the decisions of my head follow afterwards. Seems to be a better solution than always listening to my head first. (problems of an over thinker) I’ve continued cooking and this month I’ve learned how to bake some really tasty chocolate bundt cakes and have grown to love eating tomatoes as a snack (another milestone for a non veggie eating chick). Also, the boy and I have our motorcycle lessons scheduled and our helmets/gear bought. Wahoo!
5. Be More Conscious – I’ve been spending a lot of time watching The Food Hospital on TV and am going to start researching eliminating headache triggering foodssuch as chocolate, whole milk, and preservatives. Also, since I’ve left my job, I’ve been trying really hard to be super money conscious until I get my feet on the ground again.
Read my January in Review