How’s everyone doing today? Hopefully pretty well :) I’m a little behind on sharing my March in review, but I’m keeping myself accountable for achieving the things I set out to achieve this past January (5 New Year’s resolutions). Here’s my little update.
1. Let it Be – I’ve been adapting to a new work from home schedule which has given me many opportunities to practice “going with the flow”. Somedays there is structure…and others, not so much. That’s kind of the beauty of it.
2. Be More Present – I’m constantly challenging myself to dedicate parts of my day to “me”. Recently that has meant sitting out of the front porch at 3:00 in the afternoon, a mid-day bath, an impromptu walk with the dog, or an unexpected afternoon sweet treat run with a friend. I’m just trying to soak it all in and find a balance.
3. Be Adventurous – ok…so I now know how to ride a motorcycle. I’ve got an entire post dedicated to that, so I’ll save that craziness for later.
4. Follow My Heart & Feed My Soul – Recently my heart has been NEEDING a change of seasons to awaken itself. When the sun shines, I go outside (immediately) and just close my else. Following my heart has continued to leave more in the moment and enjoy the simple things, like thunderstorms in the evenings. I’ve also launched myself full-time into gardening. I’ve been spending quite a lot of time at the community garden and prepping for my summer garden. Feels good to get out in the community and to GROW something.
5. Be More Conscious – This month I’ve spent a lot of time getting organized with my freelance processes and my daily expenses. Just being aware of your records and your processes makes you a more successful person. It also gives you a little more piece of mind.
Did you guys make New Year’s Resolutions. Have you found any road blocks along the way?