So I’ve been doing this freelance full time thing for almost three months now. Somehow I’ve managed to provide myself with a full week’s paycheck each week, a paycheck that is more than I was making at my 9-5 job. The whole thing seems unbelievable to me, especially since I’ve managed to create a work day that I love.
I’ve continued to keep track of some of the perks & pits that I’ve experienced along the way so far, 3 months in.
- Sitting outside on the stoop, smack dab in the middle of the workday…drinking wine with a best friend
- Changing your daily plans…whenever you feel like it. Not inspired enough to blog, just switch gears.
- Regaining my nights and weekends. I’ve stayed strong and kept my word…No working (if at all possible) on nights and weekends.
- Now that I have more time to schedule each day as I wish, my inbox is almost always at zero by the end of the day.
- Sitting on my couch with laptop at 3:00 in the afternoon, with the sun pouring in the windows, the windows wide open, the ceiling fan on, and the birds chirping. Best work environment ever!!
- I’ve become obsessed with my Swiffer. Since I work in my living room, every time my floor get AT ALL dirty…I Swiffer.
- Being too lazy to get dressed. I told myself I wasn’t going to fall into this habit of jammy-wearing all day long, but the truth is…I have. Boo!
- I’m still having a really hard time remembering to each lunch, but I am getting better at eating leftovers
- You know that moment when every client you have “active” at the moment decides to email you needing something…yeah, that stinks.
- Not having taxes automatically taken out from each payment is ONE BIG TEASE. so mean.
So at month 3, the perks are still outweighing the pits. I can’t imagine ever going back to a 9-5 office job, ever and I can’t believe I waited so long to make the leap. Silly me.