A thank you goes out to all of you who stopped by to enter the Judy Kaufmann print giveaway and to stop by Judy’s Etsy shop. We really appreciate the support.
The winner of this giveaway was selected by random number generator and lucky number #17 won. Congrats to Veda House ready Alexa Anne!! (Alexa: we’ll be in contact shortly)
Today’s week 6 of Kirsten Grove’s lovely insider’s tips. It’s been a good week and I’m just loving Kirsten’s tips this week. Who couldn’t go wrong with large scale paintings and painted wood floors!
If you missed the first week of tip/suggestions, go check it out, and don’t forget to stop over at Simply Grove to see my latest color palettes!
1 / 2
Here in St. Louis we’re lucky to have a lot of fun things to do once the weather turns to spring/summer. The city comes to life and everyone comes together for their favorite summer activities (farmer’s markets, outdoor music events, wine tasting, etc).
The photos in this post are a mix from my camera and my iPhone. I’ve been using the new VSCO film app recently and really enjoying the way I can turn my iPhone photos into something my actual camera would produce. Pretty neat.
*photos taken by The Veda House
* Don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for a Judy Kaufmann Print in yesterday’s post. The lucky winner will be chosen and announced next Thursday!
1. IKEA DIY project that has definitely made the to do list. Create a Tom Dixon inspired pendant light.
2. Really great post over at BreannaRose featuring blogger guest Amanda Blaha (social media + design)
3. I really love these pottery pieces by LEIF.
4. There is something about these photos by Alicia Bock that’s just so perfect. Love all the shades of green.
5. Thanks to Bre I now have a bunch of fonts to add to my wish list. Only 10 Dollars!
6. Happy Birthday to Est Magazine. Issue #5 was just released!
7. I’ve got a new category board on Pinterest called Outdoor living. I love gathering inspiration for being outdoors and having fun.
8. This song has been on repeat in my playlist this week. LOVE IT!
9. I’m really loving the tumblr blog called Country Raised, City Found. So perfect and full of inspiration.
10. I love the color and mood of the photos in Monika Balazy’s Flickr photo stream.
Hi Guys! Today is a fun day because I get to introduce a GIVEAWAY with one of my fav illustrators. Judy Kaufmann has a really whimsy style that just draws me in. You can see some of my favorites prints in an earlier post. Judy also has a great blog called Prints & Prints and it’s filled to the brim with inspiration.
Today Judy is giving ONE Vedahouse reader the opportunity to pick out a print from her shop and possibly win it. Winners will be announced NEXT Thursday (so you have one week to enter).
HOW TO ENTER:
All you have to do is visit Judy’s Etsy shop and pick out an 8.5 x 11 (A4 size) print. Leave a comment letting me know which print you’d like and I will randomly pick a winner next week.
- Size: 8 x 11.5 in (210 x 297mm - A4) leaving a white border for framing.
- Printed with pigment inks on Epson Archival Matte Paper (192g) for long lasting images.
- Hand signed and dated on the front.
- Shipped with care in a protective cardboard envelope.
I chose a very modern brand for this week’s branding backwards series. Dustin K. Friesen is a graphic designer with killer personal branding. I was beyond inspired by his business cards! I mean, how cool are they (photographed above)?? It reminds me to get out of my own box from time to time. You can see the rest of his work right here.
Cassie is on my blog today with her latest Branding Backwards post! Make sure to stop by and check it out.
Dustin K. Friesen / top left / ff / transparencies / geometrics / beakers / highlands / breanna rose
I’ve been patiently waiting for the release of the free font download called Tanga Tanga created by Velckro Artwork. I’ve seen the type specimen images floating around the internet for some time now and have always been intrigued. I know this font wouldn’t be ideal for main body copy, but should could be used as a great logo font.
I’m not sure when the font will be released, but until then you should check out the entire Velckro Artwork portfolio.
1. This post over at My Girl Thursday had me laughing for awhile.
2. I’m incredibly jealous that my town doesn’t have one of these.
3. Do you need some inspiration and ideas of great places to stay on your next trip? Common Pursuit has some really great places showcased.
4. One of my favorite clothing companies (Poketa) has a really great blog.
5. Also, Lisa Congdon (one of my fav illustrators) has a great blog to follow.
6. Bre and I had a lovely shout out this past week about our blogger collaboration.
7. This photography portfolio is absolutely gorgeous. Love the mood of all the photos!
8. Really great tips for owning a digital camera. Such good information!
9. This is a really interesting DIY project. Love the leather straps!
10. I’m really enjoy this new post feature on Emmadime called Top Notch Type.