1. Studio Hours: Wedding Update (The Invites)

Happy Monday! Here in St. Louis we got hit with yet another ice/snow storm yesterday and you can tell the city is revolting. I even saw a middle-aged man walking out of Michaels Craftstore yesterday carrying a massive indoor palm tree plant!! When is spring coming??

Anywho…Sharing something dear to my heart today. The wedding invitations (and all other printed materials) are designed, printed and shipped out, and thanks to the lovely hand lettering work by Maggie of Type & Title

, I think they turned out beautiful. You will not believe how amazing it felt to mark that wedding task of the master (days long) to-do list. Honestly, the to-do list is getting much shorter and I couldn’t be more thankful and relieved.

Also, if anyone were to ask me if designing/printing your own wedding invites was a good way to save money while adding personality…I’d say run the other way. I will never do wedding invitation design again and I can’t believe how many hours I spent fussing over paper texture or shade of gray! Spent the money for a full set (designed by someone else) and just be done with it.

Have any of you designed your own wedding invitations in the past? I’m curious to know if I was the only one that would now suggest spending top dollar for someone ELSE to piece it all together. Seemed so simple in the beginning. Thoughts?

More wedding progress posts : Save The DatesTabletop DetailsOverhead lighting DIYenvelope assembly, and the smaller details

1. Amy says:

I LOVE them Cassie, so beautiful. I am planning on doing my own wedding invitation suite too, I know it will stress me out but I love those kind of details so I’m going to go for it! :)

2. Well, they turned out beautiful, Cassie. And Maggie did such a great job on the lettering. I’ve always wanted to design our wedding invitations, and I know how much work goes into it (like picking the right shade of grey) but since our wedding is going to be small, I’m hoping it will be doable?? Eeek, I don’t know!

3. Mary Hayes says:

LOVE them! Invitations are so much work – I worked with local STL designer Katie Stokes last year for my wedding and she did everything for me. Designed the files, then when it came time to print she had paper samples and all i had to do was say “that one” and she did the calligraphy & assembled/mailed the invites for us. Was it the cheapest thing ever? No. Did it save a lot of hassle for one of arguably the most stressful parts of wedding planning? DEFINITELY! I also did striped twine bundles : ) These are so lovely!!

4. jensen says:

these are so so lovely!

5. Heylen says:

These are just so delicate and gorgeous Cassie!!

6. Sarah says:

I designed my own wedding invitations. Luckily, my husband’s also a designer and was able to mellow me out over the details I was obsessing over. So it all worked out ok. I do think they turned out amazing even a few years later so I’m happy I went for it! I’ve been designing other people’s wedding invitations since then and yes, it’s much easier than doing my own.

7. Jessie says:

these are perfect! i’m in love with the whole suite!

8. Laurice says:

These look amazing Cassie! Wonderful, inspired minimalism.

9. Brittanny says:

The work was worth it because they are beautiful!

10. Laura says:

I did my own, and while it was actually quite fun for me, I don’t like them anymore. BUT I don’t like much of what I designed 3 years ago, so I think that is more based on getting married at the beginning of my career than the fact that I did them myself! I think if I had to do it again, I would still do them myself. I’d have a really hard time trusting someone else, which is pretty stupid, but the reality!

11. laura says:

PS. I absolutely love what you did. I think it was worth your efforts!!

12. I’m sure this is the best advice of all time but I also think nobody is gonna listen to this one, haha. We’re all too stubborn to accept this. Kind of every girl’s dream, organizing everything for their own wedding. I’m sure it’s definitely a nightmare and a looot of stress but still it’s something you’re gonna be proud to have done after all, don’t you think ?

I totally agree with you. You only have one opportunity to do something like this and you will most likely be proud of them, but whew…what a doozy.

13. […] might remember Cassie of The Veda House from the first Ask A Freelancer post. She shared her gorgeous wedding invites on her blog this week. They are absolutely stunning and full of great details so be sure to view […]

14. jaymee says:

cassie these are beautiful!! i cannot wait to see wedding photos in a few months!

15. Yuni says:

Oh these are SO pretty! I just love the colours you used on them. Great job!
      And good luck on completing the rest of your to-do list! :)

Oh my gosh! Wow, Cassie….. These are so perfect! How beautiful….

17. […] paired up with Maggie of Type & Title (the amazing talent behind the hand lettering on my wedding invites!) to chat about a few freelance topics that “just starting out” individuals may really […]

18. rachel says:

OOOOHHHH my gosh do I feel ya. I’m picking up our wedding invites that I designed on wednesday… and the last two weeks have been an absolute sleepless-nighted terror. I had no idea!! Yours turned out so beautifully– all your hard work was worth it!! xx

Hi Rachel! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and goodness gracious…get some sleep now that those darn things are done. I just stopped by your blog and site and love what you’re doing.