1. Recent Work: A Client Moodboard

Moodboards are probably my favorite part of the design process. I create moodboards digitally via my Pinterest, but my favorites are those created on the wall in my workspace (previous boards: one, two) . I tend to gather little pieces of inspiration throughout the research phase of a project and the board takes shape over time. I love seeing the collection of items grow. These images are of a moodboard I’ve been putting together for one of my clients. I can’t say much about the project yet, but hopefully from the inspiration board, you get a little idea ;)

I think most creatives go through some kind of inspiration collecting/ moldboard phase when creating, so I’d love to hear your favorite way to do so. I’d also love to see your shared boards, so if you have a blog post, feel free to share it in the comments section.

Some Moodboards I’ve been loving: Emmadime’s HUGE wall, This beauty, Annalenna’s Chair Inspiration, this playful one and the one in the studio of Claudia Dey.

1. mood boards are so pretty! it would be lovely to start just a mood board series– it would inspire us all! ;)

2. What I like to do is combine both, the real life moodboard gives you the opportunity to actually touch things, turn everything around and go BIG. You have the space to step back and have a global overview, and for our twisted creative-individuals-minds, it helps a lot.
      Then, I create a more precise and concise digital mood board on the computer that I can share with the client to make sure we’re on the same page.

3. Angel Y. says:

This is gorgeous! I’ve been working to integrate real life moodboards into my office for my client projects as well. Gorgeous work as always!

I have a few of my digital moodboards here

I recently “moved” offices, aka, set up a proper one in my home. The wall is blank right now except for the huge stendig calendar. I’m really liking the blank walls right now but I will probably start hanging things soon and creating real life moodbards myself.

Besides Emma’s I’ve aways really liked Nubby Twiglet’s boards http://nubbytwiglet.com/category/in-the-mood/

5. Emmadime says:

Looks GREAT Cassie, Bravo +
      Way to represent REAL LIFE MOOD-BOARDS in a brilliant way!

6. Kelly Brito says:

Working with digital things 24/7, sure makes me value physical stuff. The “real” moodboard is a piece of art. It’s so deeply inspiring. It feels like a decorative piece for a nice space. :)

7. Sarah says:

Really lovely, you bring me back a few years to a time before pinterest (GASP! SIGH)! I love making shared boards with my clients on pinterest. We each pin, like each others pins, comment, etc. It really helps ensure that we’re on the same page. When I feel like I really understand their vision, I put together a mood board based on our findings. I find it helps so much!

8. April Louise says:

Great mood board. I think mood boards are a brilliant way of collating and narrowing down you research at the beginning of a project to enable you to decide how to move forward!