1. Recent Work: Anatomy of a Guest Room

Ever since moving into our townhouse last spring, I’ve been attacking one room at a time and transforming it into a clean/inviting space. Megan Gilger described my vision of this room best in her blog post yesterday title “modern americana”.  I wanted to keep this space super simple with attention to the finer details.

EACH piece in this room has a story. Anatomy of each piece below.

1. Artwork:   Portrait of a friend from college, and my Fiancés father’s print, titled “Creative People”

2. Farm Ladder:   Thrifted from my favorite antique store here in St. Louis – Rothchild’s

3. Vintage Clothing:   Hat, vest and clothing hanger all collected over time

4. Copper Overhead Lamp:   Thrifted by my father and I gave it a mini makeover with spray paint

5. Dresser:   Left from old tenants and completely refinished ( see before )

6. Skull:   Found at an antique mall here in St. Louis

7. Copper Candle Holders:   Made from copper plumbing connectors from Home Depot (Inspired by)

8. Headboard:   My dad and I found this on the side of the road before I headed to college 8 years ago

9. Platform Bed:   Made recently from 2×4’s and a large sheet of MDF. Entire project cost $40.00!!

10. Iron Fan & Nighstand:   Found over time at my favorite antique stores

Browse my HOME Pinterest board for more ideas!

1. Corina Nika says:

Love the bold contests. Nothing better than clean wonderful items.

2. liz says:

wow, i love what you designed for this room. it’s beautiful!

So clean and white. I’ll have to come visit you sometime :)

4. Anni says:

Wow, this looks amazing – I can’t believe that you made that bed! It looks so good.

5. Kelly Brito says:

Wow, this looks fantastic. I might just have to ask for some help when it’s my turn to decorate a house/bedroom. I really love it.
      I’m dying to make a similar bed… Pinning this! :)

6. Angel Y. says:

Love the styling! The headboard is so lovely! What a fantastic side of the road find.

7. Beautiful! So crisp and bright. The black headboard-copper lamp composition is gorgeous!

8. Just gorgeous!!! You designed it so so beautiful – I’m always a fan of minimal! I’m so in love with that hanging copper lamp above the bed! What a perfect guest room :)

Can I come over? Love this … all of this!

10. amber says:

Wow, what a beautiful space! I do love the detail shots. That portrait in the first image! gorgeous. I also love that everything has a story behind it. Makes for a very cool post! (and room!)

Really happy to have discovered your blog :) You have great style!

11. Mark says:

Nice job putting it all together, completely different than before……

12. Melinda says:

You have such an eye for clean space. Beautiful room! On a separate note, I saw through Clementine Daily that we may have a mutual acquaintance — Elizabeth Dehn. I was an Intern at Minnesota Monthly magazine, where she was the style editor. She’s a peach! We still keep in touch. Anyway, thought that was a fun connection. Hope you are well.

13. rikki says:

love the clean, bright, and simplicity.

14. Shayla says:

Beautiful room Cassie!

15. kristin says:

beautiful room. you have a very inspiring sense of style. i love the cow skull. i almost bought one a couple of weeks ago and chickened out. i’m a little weirded out by bones, but at the same time completely fascinated and awe-struck when i see them.

I Hesitated on the skull for a long while, but now that I have it, it’s kind of peaceful. Something about it isn’t as “creepy” as I thought it would be.

16. […] redesign is in the works these days over in the Veda House. The last big project shared was our guest bedroom, which I couldn’t be more happy […]

17. […] ( Guest Room, Living Room, Dining Room ) […]