Ever since moving into our townhouse last spring, I’ve been attacking one room at a time and transforming it into a clean/inviting space. Megan Gilger described my vision of this room best in her blog post yesterday title “modern americana”. I wanted to keep this space super simple with attention to the finer details.
EACH piece in this room has a story. Anatomy of each piece below.
1. Artwork: Portrait of a friend from college, and my Fiancés father’s print, titled “Creative People”
2. Farm Ladder: Thrifted from my favorite antique store here in St. Louis – Rothchild’s
3. Vintage Clothing: Hat, vest and clothing hanger all collected over time
4. Copper Overhead Lamp: Thrifted by my father and I gave it a mini makeover with spray paint
5. Dresser: Left from old tenants and completely refinished ( see before )
6. Skull: Found at an antique mall here in St. Louis
7. Copper Candle Holders: Made from copper plumbing connectors from Home Depot (Inspired by)
8. Headboard: My dad and I found this on the side of the road before I headed to college 8 years ago
9. Platform Bed: Made recently from 2×4′s and a large sheet of MDF. Entire project cost $40.00!!
10. Iron Fan & Nighstand: Found over time at my favorite antique stores
Browse my HOME Pinterest board for more ideas!