Its been almost 3 weeks since I’ve set off on my own to start my own business. I’ll have to say that I’m still loving it :) I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting to fully appreciate aspects of my new day to day life and made a little list of “perks & pits” so far. I’m sure this list will keep growing, but my “perks” list is longer than my “pits” lists…so that must be a good sign right?
1. Being REALLY inspired and energized to create…constantly
2. Sundays don’t suck. No more dreading the upcoming work week.
3. Gained Flexibility in my Schedule. Last week I decided to have a last minute meet up with a friend to eat cupcakes and spent my Friday afternoon at the St. Louis Art Museum.
4. Making my own rules as I go and trying to forget some I’ve acquired in my Agency years.
5. Taking baths in the middle of the day while taking an ecourse on my ipad…multitasking relaxing/learning.
6. Getting to be home all day with my pup. I can tell he really likes it too!
7. Being less tired at night because I’m not pushing myself to the limits all day.
8. Making healthy dinners because I actually have time to cook!
9. Cleaning can happen throughout the week instead of piling up for the weekend.
1. I have a hard time remembering to eat lunch and STOP to breath. I’m exploring the idea of making a morning and afternoon “to-do” list to keep me on track.
2. Being so inspired you feel a little lost as to which project to tackle first.
3. When you’re feeling lazy…it’s SOOOO easy to turn on Netflix and get sucked into the unproductive zone.
4. The hours of the day just FLY by and before you know it, it’s time to make dinner. Ahhh!!!
I actually had a hard time creating that “pits” list and this gives me more confidence that my new work/life balance is a really good change for me. I’m still very thankful I’ve had this opportunity to give it a try.
Freelancers out there….I’m curious what “pits” you’ve found along the way?