1. definition of a perfect day: the antique fair

Just warning you, this is a lengthy one. Perfect days call for long 2-day documentation. (See tomorrow’s post for second half of the day)

Woke up bright and early on a Saturday, which is pretty rare. I must have been excited about what we had planned for the day. Promptly at 10:00 I woke the boy up to get ready to go to our neighborhood’s 42th annual home and garden tour /”Antique Fair” being held in our neighborhood square. Several booths were calling my name and I was anxious to get out there before everyone else, hoping to find a treasure. It was steamy hot, even at 10am in the morning, but the boy and I parked the car and started to peruse the square. Lots of great booths, lots of great items, but unfortunately everything was over priced. (why didn’t I buy one of those plastic mouse figures above…I’m hating myself for passing one of those up) I’ve learned to not be disappointed if I don’t find something worth while, so we got back in the car and drove to the farmers market in the next neighborhood over.   TO BE CONTINUED…..(tomorrow)

1. Caitlin says:

Beautiful pictures and merchandise, can’t wait to hear more!

2. sécia says:

Wow. That’s some fair. Wish I could have gone to that one!

♥ sécia

3. jennyboo says:

Everything in your pictures look absolutely amazing! I would gladly purchase any of the items, especially that chair and picture in photograph #1. That is so awesome that they have been having their annual garage sale for that many year. I bet they have some many lovely things waiting to be taken to a new home. xx

4. Lo says:

Certainly sounds like a perfect day to me!I feel like I always need to buy something if I’m debating it because I usually regret it afterwards! but, sometimes if you don’t find anything it is the search/hunt that is oh so exciting and pleasing! :) -Lo

5. kelly ann says:

These photos are MAGICAL. And I’m looking for a chair exactly like the chair in the first photo! ;)

6. Andrea says:

i love that painting on the chair. such lovely photos!

7. Tang says:

Love these photos. Nothing better than a good antique place.