On friday, my team at work took the entire afternoon off to celebrate then end of a really long project. We got approval from the big boys and were given a large sum of money to spend on the afternoon. We had reservations at The Boat House and money burning a hole in our pockets, so off we went.
The restaurant is in one of St. Louis’ most popular parks, Forest Park. This park is so big it has it’s own zip code and is situated smack dab in the center of the city. There are little streams running through the park that open up into larger ponds. On one of these ponds is The Boat House and it’s fleet of paddle boats. Not to mention the really good food.
Over the course of 4 hours, we ordered a ton of appetizers, a ton of drinks, entire meals, a round of root beer floats, some more drinks and we still hadn’t reached our allotted money quota!!! Let’s just say it was a much needed, well deserved outing and I hope to experience more of these.
Things I’ve realized on this outing:
- the white skin of mid westerners can get pretty fried in a short amount of time.
- I wasn’t the only one that remembered the entire lyrics of the Thong Song by Sisqo and Pony by Ginuwine. (sad sad story)
- agroup of adults can laugh at fat kids on YouTube and not feel like horrible people
- root beer floats in St. Louis might be among the best of the best
- bees are frightening
- 4 hours of sitting around and doing nothing can be extremely tiring
- we are having a pony come into our office next Friday during our Kentucky Derby party, but unfortunately the dwarf mini horse named Thumbelina will not be joining us…she has other plans.